Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random Thoughts

Found this is a post by blogger Susannah Breslin. In it she talks about her past history with suicide and I found it very comforting knowing that even 5 years later she still struggles with the issue. This is the paragraph from her blog that struck home with me the most.

"Today, I no longer want to die. In fact, I want very, very much to live. But the fact that at one point you wanted to take your own life -- well, it lingers in a way that I find to be, frankly, haunting. It's always there. The fact that you went that far. That you were there. Like a shadowy figure in a noir novel that you can't quite shake. And if it's there, who says it won't catch up to you again one day? So, you walk a little faster. And you try a little harder. And sometimes, when you wake up in the morning, you look at the ceiling and think, Thank god, I made it through the night."

Here is the full post from which the last paragraph of the article was taken. Susannah Breslin

No comments:

Post a Comment